Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 112

Okay. So you might think this is boring, but as a matter of fact, the first time I saw this, I got kinda shocked.
This is a map that I bought in Candem Town, when I was in London. In this map, which is all golden (I put a black and white effect so I could remark the coloured parts) you have to scratch with a coin the parts of the world you've been to, in order to see where you've been. And so I did. The parts you see in colour are all the parts I've been at the last 16 years, which is all my life.
And when I ended up stratching, I took a look at it... That was it? Didn't I forget any place? I was overwhelmed. The places I've been, looked like everything for me, like I've been to a lot of places, and seen everything, but it wasn't until I stratched them that I noticed how little I knew about the world. How small is my own personal world if we compare it to the immensity of the earth.  And it made me think quite a lot of how much I have left to travel and how many things I ought to do before I die, and I felt so small but so ready at the same time.

And that is why today's picture is this map.


Besides that, today I'm extremely tired. I came home, took a nap, studied and went rushing to the gym and I worked out quite a lot, now I'm exhausted!



No comments:

Post a Comment