Thursday 9 February 2012

Day 57
Sorry for the picture. I just didn't want another room shot today and I took this on the way to French classes, I didn't find anything better to take pictures at, sorry for that.
But I might as well compensate the horrible picture with a current thought that I'm having, and that has been passing through my mind quite a long time now, but I feel as if I need to talk about it now.
In deviantART I've just written a journal about 'Concept or beauty?' but I didn't really explained why this topic came to my mind, I don't plan to do it, because I don't want to be over-dramatic there, or look as if I just want attention. But this is my 365 days blog and I want to tell you what's going on,you don't even need to write a comment, just listen:



Lately, I've been following a lot of photographers of my age. A little bit younger. A little bit older. (14-20 years) Some really talented photographers who I really admire...But I feel as if their pictures aren't really like mine. They hold a more strong concept. They are more... how would I call it? Vintage maybe. With a stronger concept. Simpler but more effective. I just see them and I admire their shots, I see how they understand each other, but I just don't seem to connect with them.

Actually, I know the answer to this.
They just are developing a different style of photography than mine. I know how my photography will develop, I know how I will be in maybe 8 years. Of course, I don't know every detail and I might develop my photography in another way, but I know which artists might be similar to my style of taking pictures. And I know we all have our style. But sometimes I feel as if my pictures aren't significant at all, they don't really hold any strong meaning or that it's too edited. I don't know.
Sometimes I wish we could connect. That I could share with them my thoughts, that we could share our love for photography. But they are just two different styles.
And a lot of different lifes. I know they live near a lot of lovely nature, long fields and northern countries. I know their attitude is different.
I live in a tiny city, I almost never go out due to study lately and when I do I just see ugly buildings. I don't have awesome green grass, big skies or the bests golden hour sunrays. I know they are different. But I know I'm not giving the best of me being where I am. Trapped in these four walls, and I know that if I lived near any nature space I would have developed my photography skills more than I do now.


I don't really know what point I'm trying to make you see, but this is it, thank you for listening, this almost feels like my diary. 



4 comments:

  1. I personally think your photos are great, Guada. I look forward to each new post in the 365 project.

    I'm here for support if you ever need it. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so so so much for this lovely comment. Lately I'm just very tired of school and when I have free time I just focus on photography, so I tend to get a little bit obessed with the whole thing hhahhah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. :)

    And I hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do sound dramatic sometimes. ;) Hahaha.

    Again, do you have plans about moving out yet?

    ;*

    ReplyDelete