Saturday 11 February 2012

Day 58
I have some things to say about this picture and about its meaning.

As I've told you before I've been thinking about 'concept' and 'beauty' and what element we care the most when looking at a picture, I took some very interesting things out of the discussions I had with the deviants, and some of the things that I've learnt is that we might not give the picture any meaning, and just aim for a beautiful shot and someone might see it and see a relatively clear concept behind the picture. And that is what just happened to me with this picture I've just edited. 

I was very, very tired, and actually, I'm still very tired, but I was angry. Angry because I didn't want to study anymore, angry because I was fed up, angry because I wanted to take pictures outside... and I started to edit the picture.

This picture was never intended to come out this way, and I know that if I had edited the same shot another day the outcome would be very different. 
And while I was editing the picture, I wasn't even thinking that that girl was me. I just started to think about the story of that girl with long black hair.
At first I saw a suicidal girl. Hung somewhere, in an empty space, all alone, and no one would ever go to visit her...
But then, I added the background. The clouds background and the whole perspective of the picture changed to me. The girl was happy, she wasn't sad at all. She was glad to be there, she was peaceful, maybe after all she didn't hang herself.

Okay. This is just so paranoiac.But what I wanted to tell by that is that it's true that you might take a picture and it might have a lot of different meanings, I also wanted to show how a simple element (In this case the clouds) can change the whole meaning of the picture.

I don't know. I'm tired and I thinking strangely.

Today I had a French exam at school and it went well because at school we have the worst french level in all the world. But I want to learn french so bad. If I had a lot of time I wouldn't stop practising it, but when the end of the day comes I have to edit the picture of the day (Which ends up being the most relaxing part of the day) And sleep.





No comments:

Post a Comment